Sunday, October 9, 2011

Nashville Bound!!

I'll consider this week a bit of a milestone for this blog space.  As some of you read this on October 10 I'll be in the air, on route to Nashville, Tennessee to attend my first Americana Music Association Conference and Music Festival.  Nashville is a really special city.  If you love music, any genre of music, Nashville is a place to visit, enjoy and appreciate.  Nashville earns its moniker of "Music City USA" for good reason.  This is where the finest songwriters and musicians, the famous and not-so-famous, and fresh-faced music rookies all ply their trade.  I'm very much looking forward to attending this Conference and Festival.


I've been paying close attention to the Americana Music Association website for the past several weeks as the Conference schedule and Showcase lineup has grown and expanded over time.  My first thought is, "Sweet Jesus, this could be overwhelming ... there is a TON of stuff to do and try to take in."  However, I feel more than up for the challenge to attend as many of the sessions as I can, and attend as many showcase events as I can.  Yes, it is mostly about the music, but I am there to learn as much as I can in a week as well.  I am a proud member of the Americana Music Association and my ultimate goal is to see what more I can do to showcase the great art that is Americana music.  The week itself reaches a pinnacle on Thursday evening as the 10th annual Americana Music Association Honors and Awards ceremony takes place at the Mother Church of Country Music, the Ryman Auditorium.  


I invite all of you who visit this site to come back often, especially this week, as I'll be submitting blog pieces every day on my upcoming adventure.  I'll be writing about the daily events, the Showcase's that I've attended the night before, and a couple of extra features as well.  On Wednesday morning, look for a piece on my visit to the Tuesday night broadcast of the Grand Ole Opry and on Thursday morning, I'll be stating my predictions for that evenings Americana Music Association Awards, with the Awards recap on Friday morning.  


It's going to be an exciting week and I'm really looking forward to sharing this experience with you.  If anyone reading this is attending, I hope to see you in Nashville!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment